RSS Journal Cover Design Contest ($300 Prize!)
Are you a Muslim artist/graphic designer in Canada?
At the Institute for Religious and Socio-Political Studies (I-RSS) and the brand new Religious and Socio-Political Studies Journal (RSSJ), we are hosting a cover design contest for our upcoming inaugural issue!
The prize for the winning design is $300!
If you’re a Muslim artist/graphic designer, we’d love to see a submission within the following criteria: Submissions should:
- be 5 by 5.5 inches(215.9 by 139.7 mm) and portrait orientation (no landscape submissions will be accepted).
- relate (even abstractly) to the theme of the journal issue (Muslims and Multiculturalism in Canada). Note that this issue deals critically with the paradigm of multiculturalism and its current manifestations in Canada, especially in the context of ongoing Islamophobia and settler colonialism.
- include both the I-RSS and RSSJ logos, as well as the following information:
- Volume 1, Issue 1; Spring 2022
- Editors: Nakita Valerio, Muna Saleh, Sabreena Ghaffar-Siddiqui, Elisabeth Hill
- Publisher: University of Alberta Libraries
Submissions should be made to firstname.lastname@example.org as well as social media. Post your submission and tag @instituteRSS on Instagram and Institute for Religious and Socio-Political Studies on Facebook! We’ll repost and count your entry in the contest!
*Please note that the winner may be asked to make minor changes to the final design draft at the time of publication.